Chicken and Pumpkin Alfredo
Replace pasta with spiralised pumpkin for a low carb chicken alfredo
1 medium size pumpkin
1 kg. chicken breast
500g chopped broccoli
100g white onion
Salt and pepper to taste
Cashew Cream Sauce:
¾ cup raw cashews (soaked in water 2 hours)
½ cup coconut milk (full fat or light)
½ cup chicken broth
- Slice the pumpkin in half lengthwise, and half again longwise.
- Spiralise the pumpkin and steam
- Blend the soaked cashews, coconut milk, and chicken broth in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and add the garlic, then grill, bake or sauté in a skillet until cooked through.
- Add the broccoli and onion until slightly softened (2 to 3 minutes). Add the sauce, and stir to combine. Continue to cook until the sauce is heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the spaghetti pumpkin. Season with salt and pepper and cook until heated through.
Nutrition per serving