Roast vegetable cous cous. Ideal accompaniment to our slow cooker lamb tagine.
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and diced 290g
- 1 large green pepper 250g
- 2 medium carrots, halved through length and sliced fairly thin 150g
- 1 small red onion, diced into 1-inch chunks 150g
- 1 medium zucchini, halved through the length and sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3cups dry couscous 180g
- 1(14.5 oz) can low-sodium chicken broth 450ml
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 1/2cup raisins 60g
- 1 (14 oz) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Spray a 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place bell pepper, carrots, onions and zucchini on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt and toss to evenly coat. Roast in preheated oven about 15 minutes until tender, tossing once halfway through roasting.
- While vegetables are roasting, in a small mixing bowl whisk together remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and season with 1/4 tsp salt, set aside.
- Bring chicken broth, 1/2 tsp salt and turmeric to a boil. Place couscous and raisins in a large mixing bowl, pour hot chicken broth over couscous and stir, cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted vegetables, chick peas, mint and lemon mixture to couscous and toss to evenly coat (while seasoning with a little more salt to taste as desired). Serve warm.
Nutrition per serving