Curried pumpkin soup
This warming pumpkin soup is a good source of dietary fibre and antioxidants
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 onion -roughly diced
- 2 cloves garlic -roughly sliced
- 1 kg pumpkin -peeled and roughly diced into 2-3cm cubes
- 750 ml chicken stock (3 cups)
- 270 ml canned coconut milk (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp grated ginger
1. In a large pot, over a medium heat add butter or oil then gently sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and spices for a minute or two until translucent.
2. Add the pumpkin and stock, bring to the boil then simmer until the pumpkin starts to fall apart.
3. Allow to cool a little before processing in a blender or food processor until smooth.
4. Add the coconut milk and blend the soup
Nutrition per serving