Slow cooker lamb tagine
Morrocan lamb tagine. Serve with couscous.
- 2kg boneless leg of lamb cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 2tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp turmeric
- 2tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2tbsp salt
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2carrot cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 2aubergine cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 2courgette cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 100g almond meal
- 150g medjool dates whole
- 150g dried apricots whole
- 1 litre chicken stock
- Add the lamb and all of the spices – ground ginger, ground cumin, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, ground cinnamon, turmeric and ground pepper and salt.
- Stir gently to coat the meat.
- Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Add the carrot, aubergine, courgette, dates, almond meal and apricots.
- Pour the hot chicken stock on top. Stir.
- Slow cook on high for 4-5 hours, or pressure cook for one hour.
Nutrition per serving