Sweet potato lasagne
Low carb lasagne replaces pasta with low GI sweet potato
- 1kg turkey mince
- 450g sweet potato
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 20g butter
- 20g wholemeal spelt flour
- 250g frozen spinach
- 250g frozen carrots
- 300ml milk
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Heat a large saucepan and cook the turkey, stirring frequently, until it is lightly browned and crumbly.
- Tip the mince into a colander and leave to drain.
- Return to the pan and add the frozen vegetables.
- Add the garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and chicken stock cubes.
- Cook until the frozen vegetables are heated through
- Slice the sweet potato thinly using a mandolin
- Layer the meat mixture in a large casserole dish, alternating with a layer of sweet potato. Finish with a layer of sweet potato
- In the meantime make the sauce. Start by melting the butter in a small saucepan
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the flour, a little at a time, stirring continuously until a smooth paste is formed
- Next add the milk a little at a time, stirring into the paste. Continue stirring until the sauce comes to the boil.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the layered sweet potato and meat
- Cook in the oven for 30 mins at 200 C
Nutrition per serving